Saturday, May 26, 2007

Track Day

Tug-O-War is easily the most popular competition every year, and man, do those older kids take it seriously. Jackson (or his bum) is the third one in.



and of course, the impending pile-up at the end! It's always a good sign that they're winning when they're on their backs and not being drug on their bellies!

Lily had the best view in the house.

Jackson doing the frisbee throw. A special thanks to those 2 sixth grade helpers in the outfield. They were the hardest working kids there, poor things.
Jackson running the relay race.
The three legged race is also a favorite. Both of my kids disappointed me this year. They both made it across the finish line without a single fall. No tumbles or tangle ups or dragging went on this year. Oh, well, there's always next year!
Jackson and Joel did great, they had their rhythm figured out.
Kindergarten tug-o-war. You can see the very serious expression on Noah's face. That's the look of pure concentration. Actually, he's probably looking at me, thinking, 'I hope she's getting a picture of this!" I'm not sure what he's doing with his foot. Leverage..yeah, that's it.


He's a thirsty boy.
Noah and Jarom. This is quite symbolic because these two might as well be attached at the hip all the time.
Noah doing some cup stacking. It's amazing how fast some of these kids can do this!


WHAT A FUN DAY!

3 comments:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

good job boys! We don't do this as a school at Lemme. But our 5th and 6th graders do have a track and field day the end of every year. I don't think they get to do things like frisbee tosses and tug of wars, and three legged races. I think they do more serious stuff. Your's looks like much more fun!

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is that we need to hire some 6th graders here in ol' Chucktown! Guess who the 6th grades are?? You guessed it...the parents! Me. It is a lot of work and I am always sweating when I'm done...I am so going to suggest that for next year!

Anonymous said...

This looks like so much fun! Sorry your mom was rooting for you to eat dirt in the 3 legged race, guys. She has a mean streak!