Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Calling All Mothers...

gConfused at what you're looking at? You're looking at a 'sleeping' child that does not want to go to school. This child really does love school, once he gets up and moving, but this child also REALLY loves sleeping. This child goes to bed at 8:30 every night. This picture was taken at 7:44. The bell rings at 8:25. This is an everyday occurence. You can clearly see my problem. Now, I realize there's only a month left of school, but I'm just now experiencing the glory of a blog. I've tried alarm clocks. I've tried loud music. I've tried bright lights. I've tried little sisters. I've tried dog kisses. I've tried knock-knock jokes. I may have even tried an idle threat or two or three. I would love to hear any suggestions you might have. The other problem I have is that I have to keep changing it up because he becomes immune to something that's working after a while. So I have to be creative, and a lot of times I don't feel like being creative at 7:00 in the morning. I think tomorrow I'm going to try a bucket of ice water.

5 comments:

emily said...

Maybe try sticky, stretchy Leezards. Or..."special somethings" on his pillow! What a stinker. seriously! I LOVE him! By the way...you are so addicted to this blog thing...I knew you would be! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I have nothing good to offer. However--I see can this happening with Madi the older she gets. She is NOT a morning person and we're getting along pretty good now, but by age 15 it could be a whole different story. So, take notes and keep me posted. I'll likely need that info in time!
You could call the school and see if they'd consider pushing back the first bell to like 10:30 ;)

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Been there. Will is the same way. He's fine if he can get up on his own. If I have to tell him or wake him, he's suddenly all dramatic and stubborn. I usually have to strip the bed of covers and take them with me. Then give him some time.

Anonymous said...

yes every day "sleeping beauty" wakes up at 8:00 and makes me late.

Anonymous said...

Ice water will do the trick! I am much less patient than the average bear, probably because I'm not much of a morning person myself!
I just punish...plain and simple. Not very lovey-dovey...I know.
On the creative side of things... wait until 8:25, wake him up, put him in the van "as is" and send him off to school...hungry, and not to mention in his PJs. I guarentee your problem will be cured for life! Going "as is" is never fun no matter where you're going!