Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Snip Snip.

We've had a traumatic evening tonight. Joe took the boys to get haircuts. As some of you may know, at Sportclips, when you check in, they print out a receipt with your info on it and it's recorded on there how you usually get your haircut. Well, the lady cutting Noah's hair asked Joe, "Do you want Noah's hair the same as usual?" Joe says, "yes." So, Joe is sitting in the waiting area watching ESPN and looks up and the 'hairdresser' has already taken two swipes down the top of his head with the shaver set on the "1" setting, which is like a military cut. HELLO, I have NO idea what this lady thought she was reading on his receipt. So, what do you do? There's no going back now. Joe goes over and Noah is in tears. He came home and took a bath and said he hoped the water would make his hair grow. In his prayers tonight, he asked God to help his hair grow back. It's now 9:00 and Noah has gotten out of bed 3 times, crying, saying he doesn't want to go to school tomorrow because he doesn't want anyone to see his hair. I have no idea how I'm going to get him to go tomorrow. I keep telling him how much I like it, and how cool it is, but I don't think he's buying it. It doesn't look bad, it's just REALLY short. I didn't have the heart to tell him I needed to take a picture of his hair for my blog, so you'll just have to use your imagination!!!

3 comments:

emily said...

So I cried. I did...I cried when I read this post! Poor guy!!! That breaks my heart. I can just picture him sitting in the chair at the hairdressers, silent, but in tears. You need to get a picture!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Poor Noah! Tell him he looks like a Marine - like Grandpa Don. You'll have to take his picture FOR A TOTALLY UNRELATED REASON (yeah...)when some of the trauma has worn off. I hope you were able to get him off to school and that no one makes too big a deal over it at school.

Anonymous said...

OH MAN! That poor little guy. I must be really heartless becsause I am laughing so hard right now! I can relate to "bad hair cut trauma" so I know it's NOT funny to him. He's such a sweetie, let us know how getting to school went.