Saturday, September 15, 2007

P.D.

We found this picture the other day while we were looking through old slides. This is my grandparents old dog, P.D. I think it stood for puppy dog. I loved loved loved this dog. It would lick your face for hours. In celebration of finding this picture I promptly had to make up a batch of P.D. salad. It is a box of vanilla pudding with a can of fruit cocktail, drained and a cut up banana. Let me explain. Let's go back to the early 80's. My grandparents were down for a visit one weekend. My mom made a big meal and as we were passing around the food it was discovered there was no room on the table for the dishes, so one of my parents, can't remember who set this salad on the floor to get it out of the way, and didn't think anything of it as they weren't used to having a dog around. Pretty soon it was discovered P.D. had finished off the salad and ever since it has been known as "P.D. Salad".

2 comments:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

What made this dog so great was not just that he licked your face, but that he went straight for your ears. He must have had a thing for ear wax. What's more is that we let him do it!

Anonymous said...

He was cute, but he was stinky. And I did NOT let him lick my ears.
Dogs. Not a fan.