Thursday, September 6, 2007

Grandma and Grandpa.

One of the reasons I haven't blogged much this week is that my sister is in town from Austin and also I had the cold from you know where. The kind where you blow your nose all day and you wonder where all this snot came from. (Sorry.)
One of the great things I got to do was go with my mom and sisters to my grandparents house. They were introduced to their newest great grandson....I think they liked him!!! Sorry, Jill, I'm posting these pictures. I will get them to you.
And Em got to spend some time with them while she's back in town. We had good conversation and laughs. Grandpa has caught a total of 6 six raccoons who have been trying to eat fish out of his backyard pond. I learned he actually once spray painted a raccoon's tail after trapping him because he thought it was the same one coming back. So if you see a red tailed coon in the Hills area... We learned all about when he stayed in hospital,when my mom was 5, for 20 days and his medical bill was $770. (Incredible.) They had to sell their new '57 Chevy to pay the hospital bills. I also learned how my great-great (is that right, mom?) grandma suffered from allergies this time of year and had to shut herself in the house for a month. I think I've got those genes. All the windows and doors had to be shut and all the washed clothes had to be line dried inside. She was apparently the first woman in town to get an electric clothes dryer. They also told us lots of stories about the nick knack display in their hallway and where all the little things came from. I remember looking at all those things when I was little. Anyways, it was fun. A good time.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Family stories like this are so neat. I am glad you got to hear them first hand.

I am sure you are all enjoying Emily's visit. The time goes by way too fast!

I hope your cold is better. Just where does all that snot come from? sheesh. Liz has been sick with a cold (or allergies) too. Not fun for a summer activity.

Connie said...

I knew it would bless you girls. They are pouring love out like crazy so let's soak it up now!

Anonymous said...

Ok when I got to the nick knack part I teared up! I love that stuff. I could look at it for hours! So many memories...I'm glad you guys had a good day.