Thursday, July 5, 2007

Name That Cheese.

A few days ago, the kids and I had to run an errand to Kalona, Iowa, home of the infamous Kalona Cheese House. I couldn't just drive by and not stop. My kids had never been there and thought they would enjoy looking in the little glass windows and watch the cheese being made. I can definitely say it has not changed a bit since I was last there 10+ years ago. I excitedly bought a bag of cheese curds which we used to get all the time growing up. The kids are going to love it!
Jackson's response: "It tastes like old tire."
Noah's response: (would not try it because his brother said it tasted like tire.)

Lily's response: blew rasberries until the miniscule piece of cheese I gave her flew out.
0 for 3 means more for me!!!!!!

7 comments:

emily said...

I was hoping for a response like..."It's squeaky".

Anonymous said...

OLD TIRE! man, i love that cheese. i would have eaten it with you. those kids are probably used to Kraft slices! mine think that the cheese in a can is real cheese.

How does everyone feel about the cheese in a can?

Connie said...

Don and I just finished up a can of "cheese"!!! He would sit and squirt it onto these tiny narrow snack stick crackers!

Connie said...

And by the way, Ms Laura, I thought you were going to share some of those curds with us!

Laura said...

Yes, they would no doubt choose can cheese over a curd. I was laughing trying to picture Don trying to aim that stream of cheese onto those narrow cracker sticks. That stuff doesn't always come out where you think it's going to. By the way, who used to do the Ritz crackers with the can cheese and then stick raisins in it?

THE BROWN BOYS said...

That was my special creation, I believe, or if not, I remember thoroughly enjoying it. I am hesitant to admit that it wasn't that long ago, (since I've been pregnant anyways) that I last sampled this delectable treat. It was just as good as I remembered! Or maybe it was the hormones talking. My goal was to introduce my children to the wonders of this snack. They thought I was weird, and picked it apart. Will doesn't like things mixed together, he likes things separate.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Will. Seperate, please!