Friday, July 20, 2007

Design Dilemna Of A Frightening Sort.

Everyone who knows me, knows I love my cross collection. I just got them all hung up yesterday. I have so many that I split them into two groups, one at the top of the stairs and one on the landing halfway up the stairs. Well, it turns out, the only outlet in the hallway is right under one of the groups. We really need a nightlight there in case the kiddos get up in the middle of the night. So, when the lights go out it goes from nice friendly group of crosses to a scary hellish nightmare. It doesn't help that we have a blue nightlight, but I don't think a different color would make much of a difference.
Parents, shield your children's eyes from this next picture. Maybe I'm overreacting, but it really scares me. I don't even like looking at the picture! This just doesn't convey the loving grace of my Lord, Jesus Christ! Scary, Scary, Scary! Maybe, it would scare the children into staying in their beds all night???!!?? Something must be done....any ideas?

4 comments:

Connie said...

Well, the catholic kid in me is saying "ooooooooooh!" as in fear and awe. The Christian me is going "uuuuuhhhhhh.....hmmmmmmmm....." as in duh, I don't know. . . The designer me says how about losing the nightlight? Put one in each bedroom and one in the bathroom. Wouldn't that work?

emily said...

yikes!

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is like a horror film--midnight in the cemetary!! You have to move the crosses or the nightlight! Why is that so bothersome? It is though.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why it's so bothersome. It's kind of turned into a conversation piece now.