Monday, July 2, 2007

Movies.

Guess what I just got done watching? BEETLEJUICE. Who remembers that movie? I kept thinking throughout the movie, "this is so bizarre" I had forgotten how wierd it was, it kind of freaked me out. All those dead people....ugh. Last night I watched GREASE. An oldie and a goodie. Joe was balancing the checkbook and 'randomly' decided to come out to the couch to sit. As I belted out all the words to "stranded at the drive-in...branded a fool...what will they say...monday at school" Joe would mock me and roll his eyes. Truth be told, I heard several chuckles coming from his side of the room throughout the movie, but I dared not make eye contact. This happens EVERY TIME this movie comes on and then we get to end of "wap bap a loo ah a wap bam boo" and Joe erupts into "That's so stupid..why is the car flying in the clouds...that's so dumb...that's the dumbest ending to a movie ever" And as always I remind him that he doesn't have to sit and watch the movie...no one has handcuffed him to the TV...he could have just said 'no'and walked away. I know he secretly likes the movie, but he'll never admit it in a million years. Emily, what was the name of that one he secretly liked...the dance one...I can't think of it, but I know you'll remember.

6 comments:

Meghan said...

I LOVE Grease!! I always thought John Travolta was so hot in that movie:)

By the way...I love your decorating in the new place...you are so talented Laura.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! That movie is excellent. I do side with Joe on the ending... a little too cheesy. But not worth NOT watching the rest of hte movie.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I was sitting watching and singing along too! Damon joined me near the end, but didn't have a lot to say, although he did blurt out the line, "Tell me about it ... Stud!" right before Sandy said it! Aww...sisters...forever!

emily said...

wow! That is hilarious. Save the Last Dance was the other movie...I believe! Or maybe it was Center Stage. I can't really remember. I think it was one of the two!
Those are classic movies! Beetlejuice is a weird movie. But I remember watching it all the time. Grease is such a classic!! But what about Grease 2! C'mon! "i need a cooooool rider...a coooool rider...if he's cool enough he can burn me through and through (not sure what that means exactly!)ooohhh. I need a C...O.O.L...R.I.D.E.R!"

Anonymous said...

I guess you're just to young and naive to know what that means, Em. Maybe someday....hee,hee. I think it was Save the Last Dance. He also liked 10 Things I Hate about You. MAybe he has a secret thing for Julia Stiles. I better stop mocking him now.

Anonymous said...

We're gonna bboowwwlll tonight...we're gonna bo-o-owl tonight.