Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th Of July Parade.


This is of course the highlight of the parade for the kids. An obnoxious amount of loot this year.

The highlight of the parade this year for me was my husband and the Chili's float. Chili's is in the parade every year and as well as throwing out the usual candy, they pass out coupons for free kids meals to parents. Now you must understand how important free kids meals are to my husband. VERY IMPORTANT. So important that he thought nothing of standing up and screaming "COUPONS! COUPONS! HAVE MERCY ON ME, I HAVE 3 KIDS!!!!" at the top of his lungs in front of 10,000 of our fellow Iowa Citians. I kid you not. A very friendly Chili's employee jumped out of the back of the truck she was riding in and hand delivered a hefty stack of coupons to my very happy husband. She must of been impressed with his enthusiasm. My husband then proceeded to count out his coupons with his signature 'money countin' swagger' as I so like to call it. Most of you have probably seen this at one time or another. He did divvy them up eventually. He makes me laugh.

4 comments:

emily said...

I thought that maybe since you guys had some parade experience under your belt that you would actually be IN the parade!

Anonymous said...

yes, was it refreshing to WATCH the parade and not participate in the parade?

I bet Noah felt a little left out.

Laura said...

Ha, Ha. You guys are a riot.

Sharon said...

Oh! When I saw the title of this post I, too, thought you would be describing your adventures IN it. Ah, well. Maybe next time! :-)