Sunday, July 8, 2007

Manland.

I know all you women that read my blog will be relieved to know that 'manland' is now completed and in it's finished state after a whole day's work AND....hold in your excitement ladies...both cars now fit in our garage. There was great rejoicing, singing, dancing, etc.... It is a strange phenomenon with men and this subject of garages and work areas. My husband is very quick to tell his buddies, neighbors, coworkers, this great feat he has accomplished and it is met with congratulatory responses and slaps on the back. There is a great peace and understanding among men and their garages that I am just not a part of. Not sure I wanna be. I just let him go with it. I did feel the urge to draw the line at purchasing a mini-fridge which would inevitably be stocked with 'the sauce' as Joe lovingly refers to his Mt. Dew. I'm such a mean wife.

7 comments:

Rachel Bardwell said...

I will say that I do get excited when I see a garage actually used to hold cars and not stuff. Several of my neighbors apparently don't get excited about this as their cars sit in their driveways year-round. I guess I always think of garages as "car bedrooms" so why would you put other stuff in there? Thank GOD my husband doesn't have a million tools to store!

Anonymous said...

Our garage does hold the car, but it is sadly neglected most of the time. Stuff is just sort of packed in all around the edges. I like Joe's organizational style! I vote for him to get the "man fridge." He has earned it.
Of course he'll have to read the blog to hear of my support!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he's only allowed to read select blogs that only I can authorize. Sorry!

Connie said...

Can Joe come over and organize my workroom???
Treynor's garage sounds a lot like Bill's garage was . . . what the heck, he usually found what he was looking for, even if no one else could. . . . hey. . . kind of like my workroom!!! (except I don't have to park a car in it!)

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Now if he could only get cable TV out there like Damon has in his garage. Something to strive for...

(I know all the men out there are thinking "oh yeah!" but can you sense my sarcasm?!)

emily said...

I have yet to experience this craziness. But now I know where I can go if I ever get married to a "garage man"! Maybe there needs to be a support group or something. I sense A LOT of sarcasm in these comments!

Anonymous said...

I will shout some props out Carrie. Man fridge, man fridge, ohh, yeah. Thank you for your kind words and support.