Tuesday, August 19, 2008

School Rocks.



I just realized that my kids all have their eyes closed in these pictures! I suppose if you make them stare into the sun, that's what happens! First day went well. Not too much info from either boy. In true Noah fashion he told me he has a new friend and his name is "e-mail". Also in true Noah fashion he was quite adamant that he couldn't possibly have gotten his name wrong. This has the same 'stink' as the Owen/Arwin incident of 2007. Upon looking at his class list he actually made a new friend named, "Emmanuel". Maybe E-mail can be his rapper name...Jackson said he thought the incoming 5th graders in his class were "exceptionally small this year. More so than ususal." Spoken like a true 6th grader. Miss Lily found her backpack I THOUGHT I had sufficiently hidden in her closet and announced she was ready for school today. I told her she had to wait a little longer (2 weeks!). She listened carefully and filled her sweet little eyes with tears. It would have been easier if she had a screaming fit. But, no, she had to rip my heart out. She then suggested we should be 'helpers' in the boys classes today. She's really trying!

1 comments:

laura b. said...

We can't wait to have Lily at preschool this year! It's so hard for the little ones to wait while their older siblings head off to school without them. There's no way we're going to start preschool two weeks early though :) I love knowing that I have two more weeks once the public schools start. Your mom is going to be spoiled with a grandkid at preschool five days a week.