Monday, August 11, 2008

Our Trip To Chicago (I really hope you like to look at pictures of my kids...)

Here is an epic pictorial of our trip to Chicago. We had an absolute blast. We wanna go back. The kids here are contemplated life as they look into the mesmerizing waterfall and are feeling remorseful for their behavior on the 3 hour car trip...

Noah said, "It's a dream come true..." and that was just driving the block around the stadium. One of these days he's gonna ask us to shell out the 60 bucks for a ticket....


Lily is looking up to see just how high the Hancock Building is....

Noah is checking it out too....
We sent Lily outside to wash the windows. Hey, no free trips in this family....
Some people just don't know how to act in public...I can't take him anywhere....
Me and the kids in front of Shedd Aquarium. That man behind me REALLY loves his fish. I think my stepdad Don would hug his fish if he could...


handsome kid....I wish he would let me take his picture more often...


checking out fish...

Let's quickly sum up the aquarium. NASTY....

Um... Nasty....
Funknasty....
... and lips so wonderful I would have kissed him again and again if I thought I wouldn't be arrested and thrown out on my ear. Ok, maybe not. But he did have very nice lips....
We went to Medieval Times. In case you don't know its a medieval show and dinner, sans silverware, with sword fighting and horses and medieval what-not. It was a little cheesy, but the boys loved it. The lady next to me cheated and brought plastic silverware in her purse. Cheater!!

It's nice to be able to laugh at yourself...
This is the knight we were assigned to cheer for. Quite honestly, he stunk. He was the first one who got out. A sword to the gut. What he lacked in medieval skill and knowlege he made up for with his rugged good looks. In fact, even in his final seconds of breath, not a hair on his head was out of place. Sigh.
He's so blinded by his good looks that he had to blink when I took his picture... Good times. Good times.

Joe and the boys went to the new LEGO discovery center. It was a sucess. We are all LEGO lovers in our house, even though I manage to break every delicate creation I touch. It's genetic. I wasn't allowed to go the LEGO discovery center. I was banished to IKEA across the street. I suffered. Not.



Joe and I are 99.9999% sure a dude made this LEGO lady. Have you ever seen such a thing? I can't believe she's upright!
Here we are the Science and Industry museum... these pictures are eerily just like my sisters vacation pictures!!!! :)

The fact that my son is standing in confusion staring at his dad kind of gives it away that Joe wasn't REALLY on the moon. Otherwise I'm sure you would have been fooled...
TOO. MUCH. WALKING.
The look on her face says it all. I'm not sure which one is cuter, Lily or little chick...
The End (finally.)










2 comments:

emily said...

Nice post!
#1 I can imagine how excited Noah was to see the stadium...I was ready for a "This is the best day of my life" comment...and then sure enough "It's a dream come true" was classic!
#2 At least Joe didn't pull out the flag waving parade thing that he did at the children's museum that one time.
#3 Jack is handsome and there needs to be more pics of him! c'mon Jack!
Don't be scared of the blog!
#4 Those fish lips were very nice!
#5 Um...medieval dude...HELLO! Did you get his digits? Is he single? Does he love Jesus?! C'mon Laura...I thought you all were trying to get me hitched...you may need to try a little hard...like going after the medieval dude.
#6 I think Lily Margaret needs a baby chick!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

deja vu! good times...good times.