Friday, January 4, 2008

Time To Clean Out The Refridgerator.


My funny story for the day... I was in Lily's room looking for her hairbrush. It's usually in her desk drawer. So, I'm tearing her room apart, knowing it MUST be in here somewhere. I remember that lately, she's been putting things in her little 'play fridge'. I have found the darndest things in there (TV remote, shoes, MY jewelry, etc.) As soon as I open the little door, I'm hit with a wall of The. Most. Funknasty. Horribly. Foul. Gagalicious. smell I have ever smelled. Ever. (I'm almost too embarrassed to write this, but I will dig deep and carry on...) Inside was a wet diaper from 'who knows when'. Let's just say I can definitely gurantee it was from 2007. I'm sure it was I who had changed it and forgot to stick it in the diaper pail. My dear daughter probably knew it wasn't supposed to be sitting in the middle of her room and took it upon herself to 'get rid of it'. That thing was probably brewing and fermenting for quite some time. Major fumigation efforts are underway.

3 comments:

emily said...

potty train...that's all I'm going to say.

Shelly said...

ugh. thanks for the extremely detailed description of the smell.

Rachel Bardwell said...

FYI: Vinegar is a good odor remover. Soak some cotton balls in it and leave them in there for a few days.