Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Down With The Silent E!!!!

I mean, really. Do we really need the silent E? I mean, all it does is just sit there all... silent-like. Who invented it anyways? Someone who had a lot of time on his hands. This kid's got things to do, people to see, places to go. He can't be worried with no stinkin' E-s. So, this is just the pre-test. Would it be un-motherlike to just tell him, "For the final test, just do the same thing you did on Monday, but just stick and E on the end of each one. Don't ask why, kid. Just do it."
*sidenote: notice the one he DID get right was 'name', which just so happens to also be at the top of his page. This kid's no dummy!

2 comments:

kristin said...

I'm with you...so tough to teach these kids these things with no rhymn or reason. Does he have incredibly difficult math??? I'm hating the math program brooks is on.....stuff I was doing in like sixth grade or something. And what's with "c's"?? Why do they have to make two sounds..??

Kathy said...

My only problem is what would they do with the songs they sang on the Electric Company??????

I always wanted to have a silent K on my name, try that one!