Sunday, August 12, 2007

Our New Member Of The Family.

This bug is smarter than the average bug. We (actually Jill was the brave one...) caught him this last Friday on the front of our house. We kept him in a tupperware container overnight so the kids could "inspect" him. He's HUGE! We looked him up on the internet on what's that bug.com (great website, thanks Shadley!) and found out what kind of mantis he was, etc. Yesterday morning we put him in the palm plant on our back porch, watched him walk up to the top and 'fly' away. This morning, Jackson comes running inside yelling, "He's back, he's back!" There he was back in about the same spot we originally found him on the front of the house. It's got to be the same one, right? We decided he needed a name. In our household, due to Joe, the names are usually obvious (Hammy, the hamster...Dumpy the dumptruck...Bonnie the Bonneville, you get the idea.) So, I for sure thought we had Manny the Mantis. But they came up with 'Theodore'. Go figure.

6 comments:

emily said...

ok...so if there are big bugs like that at your house maybe I won't stay there!!! HA!

Connie said...

Bugs that big belong in Texas! ha! Don says they are good to have around - they're carnivores - so I suppose they eat crickets and other pesky bugs. Your new place is becoming an outdoor adventure - makes one wonder what lurks in the woods out back! lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

Connie said...

Don says you might want rename Theodore and consider something more like Theodora. He says only the females get that big.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Are you SURE it's the same one?! Maybe there's a whole herd, or swarm, or litter, or whatever you call a group of bugs.

Connie said...

He can't pick up that big rock!

Anonymous said...

buy facebook likes
facebook likes

http://www.shatterbox.com/video/feed-granola http://www.serjtankian.com/news/watch-music-video-goodbye-gate-21-rock-remix-ft-tom-morello
1000 facebook likes buy facebook likes facebook likes
I deleted norton virus since my account already expired. So I borrowed my brother's Mcafee and installed it to my computer. I tried getting on the Internet but when I do the page connection says cannot be connected. So I checked the signal strength and it says " very good" but it's still not connected? I share a router that is located in my sister's room which is like 10 ft away, and her computer is working just fine with the Internet. But I can't get on because it says " enter http in the address". I try to diganose and repair it say "no problems detected"... I don't understand what can be blocking me from the Internet. Oh ya d the firewalls are not up and I have windows vista. Can somebody help me please? Thanks!

get facebook likes 1000 facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]get facebook likes [/url] 1000 facebook likes