Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Our Little Drummer Boy.

Tonight, we went to West Music to investigate instrument options for Jackson. We came away with a drum kit. My husband had a dazed look on his face from the bill. I took him on a tour of the wall of instruments and explained to him that he was actually really lucky to be getting off so cheap. We could have been dropping $4,ooo on a tuba! Jackson is so excited. I mean giggling like a girl excited. It's 9:30 and I can still hear him giggling in his bed. While I was at the grocery store tonight, his father apparently let him set it up and give it a whirl. When I got home he grabbed me by the arms and said, "MOM, I'M REALLY GOOD, I'M REALLY, REALLY GOOD!" I don't think he was even this excited on Christmas morning. I'll post a picture of him and his nifty drum kit on wheels tomorrow. As he was wheeling it out of the store he said, " I think everyone's looking at me!"

5 comments:

emily said...

dude....all I'm gonna say is...ROCK...STAR!!!!!!!
I know he is good! I can't wait to "jam out" when I'm back! ROCK ON!

Connie said...

Jack, I can see you drumming in a Christian rock band now. I see the Brown boys on guitars with Will as lead vocal. This dream of mine has been evolving for a while, as the family grows!!! Should we let Em sing, too?

kristin said...

I just think you should get some sort of parenting prize for allowing your child to have drums. There's gotta be a crown for that! You're the "cool mom" for sure!

Anonymous said...

I think we'll need to invest in some earplugs.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jack. Band is sooo fun and drums are the best! You'll have tons of fun.

Joe, try to remember how good music is for his brain. You want him to be as smart as possible right?!? What's a few HUNDRED dollars? :)