Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day Of School.


As many of you know, we started a new schoool this year. I'm happy to say the first day went extremely well. We had some worries and concerns last night before bed like "what do I do at recess, since I dont know anyone?" and "what if I can't find the bathrooms?" The morning went smoothly with only a few problems with Mr. Noah getting out of bed. "Why are you guys waking me up in the middle of the night?" We got off to school and in the right lines and back home with poor little Lily "Where Jack go?" "Where Noah go?" I prayed today for God to just send one nice kid to Jackson, just one person to make him feel welcome. When he got home he said as soon as he got into the classroom a boy walked up to him and shook his hand and said, "Hi, I'm Grant. What's your name?" What 10 year old does that?!? GOD DOES! So, he ended up hanging out with him most of the day. He's excited about all the new things he gets to do this year. Tomorrow he gets to sign up for band, and today he signed up for safety patrol and to volunteer once a week in the media center during his lunch recess. All in all, he was much relieved and is excited for tomorrow. He said, "Thanks for praying for me, Mom." His best friend from his old school called him afterschool today which I thouhgt was very nice. He took the cordless up to his room and I heard lots of laughing. Noah wasn't real forthcoming with the details, which is normal for him. "What did you do today?" "I forgot." He said he made two new friends. One of them is a girl from India. He honestly, truly,believes that she takes an airplane to school everyday. I tried to explain, but he wasn't convinced. He like his theory better. The only other tidbit I've gotten from him so far was, "The hot dog at lunch was genius!" I've never in my life heard him use that word before, so he must have picked that up from someone. I'm sure there will be more stories tomorrow.

2 comments:

emily said...

They are so big! genius! that's great!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it cool to see God show up in your kids lives?! So glad that they both have friends. (From across the ocean or not!)