Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ice Cream Social

Hectic night tonight.
Ice Cream Social at 6:00.
New family (us) orientation at 5:30.
Specific instructions for my husband to be home on time (didn't happen).
Lots of running around like a chicken with my head cut off.
Trying to sharpen a gazillion pencils for school.
Shoving pizza down the children's throats.
Trying to get all the school supplies out to the van.
Crazy lunatic bird is stuck in our garage and is swooping at my head.
Handles bust on my bags.
School supplies everwhere.
Trying to pick up pencils, crayons, paper, etc. while covering my head from lunatic bird.
Nasty message left on husband's phone.
"IF YOU'RE NOT HERE IN 5 MINUTES, WE'RE LEAVING WITHOUT YOU!"
Arrive at school.
Warm welcomes from awesome families.
Awesome teachers.
Emotional mom.
Humble mom.
Feeling God's blessings.

3 comments:

Connie said...

I knew you should be stressed by the time you left, but you handled it well. No wonder you about cried when you got to that wonderful school. You are blessed indeed!!!

emily said...

I bet you had the "mom" look.

Kathy said...

I love how God works in stressful times just like this to show His goodness.