Monday, June 11, 2007

VBS!!!

We had our first day of vacation bible school today. The theme this year is a spy kids kind of thing. I'm doing crafts this year and am working with a bunch of crazy awesome ladies. It is such a fun time. I think we have just under 300 kids signed up this year. I enjoy doing crafts because then I get to see both of my kiddos during the day. Noah's group made a pocket computer out of an empty CD case. Jackson's group made a secret message container. I will say I did get a bit of the blow off from my older son when his class came in, as well as a few eye rolls... I'm starting to not be cool. Noah , on the other hand, greeted me with a big hug, evidently I'll be cool for another couple of years. I won't take it personally.

6 comments:

kristin said...

That's awesome! Brooks was thrilled with VBS, too! I had given him a "buzz" yesterday, and he was mortified..cried for 45 min or so. He excitedly told me at lunch that "Noah M has the same hair as him!"

We need to get together! What's yer number??

Anonymous said...

Good call. Take it from a fellow mom, it's not personal, it's just a "front" for his friends. I mean a ten year old has to maintain a certain amount of coolness! Seriously. He can't have his mom even like TALKING to him. That would be so LAME. (My 12 yr olds new favorite word--when he's really mad about something then it's "LAME") In example:

Q-"Can I have a cell phone all my friends have them?"
Me-"No"
Q-"That's soooo LAME!"

*(update--he has purchased a track phone with his own money, that should last about 6 weeks!)

At least you still have Noah and Lily who will appreciate you in public. Of course at home Jackson probably does too. Just can't let "his peeps" see it. :)

Anonymous said...

Kristin- you've got to check out my previous post about the trauma of Noah's haircut at first! Similar situation! We have the same number, it's just routed to Joe's cell through next week, so you can leave a message for me if you would like to get together. That would be great, lunch, park, whatever!
Carrie- I haven't heard 'lame' yet, but I'm sure its coming. I also got "mom, just let me know when I can get a cell phone..." Yeah, we'll let you know, all right...IN TEN YEARS!!!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Am I one of the 'crazy' ladies or one of the 'awesome' ladies? I sensed I'd better give Jack his space, and I didn't dare take his picture, like I did with the other kids, because I didn't want to embarass him!

Anonymous said...

It's awesome when all the sudden your kids won't even speak to you...I just died laughing the first time I got the "cold shoulder" from Zach...it's like the "next step"...ya know...y'all did it to your parents...it's a standard move!

Anonymous said...

Here's an interesting side note. I'm starting to get the cold shoulder from Q's friends. Some of them will say hi and talk to me, but the neighbor boys are now treating me like the plague as well!! The other night at ball I got the brush off. Ahhh, they're growing up.