Monday, June 18, 2007

The Long Wait Has Ended.

Well...here it is folks....only in Iowa. Yes, this is our new mailbox. I know what you're thinking. I can't believe it either. You have to REALLY, I mean REALLY, like cows to own a mailbox such as this fine beauty. There has been much discussion as to what to do with this precious piece of crap, I mean craft. When we pull into the driveway I here a little voice in the backseat whispering, "Hi, moo-moo." When we leave the house, "Bye-bye, moo-moo." A certain 2 year old who shall remain nameless votes for it to stay. Certain family members believe it could be useful when checking the weather, as we can look out the window and see which way his tail is blowing. Several people come to mind when we weigh the option of a midnight drop off. Wouldn't it be fun to switch out some poor unsuspecting soul's boring normal mailbox in the middle of the night? Others believe we should hold a baseball bat out the window and drive down our street at 50 mph. I would be willing to entertain other ideas.

No need to get your eyes checked. It does, indeed, have udders.


None of you will sleep well tonight!!!!! MMOOOOUUUUAAAAAA!!!! Only In Iowa...

9 comments:

emily said...

Only in Iowa for sure! WOW! You could always play the game HEY COW!!!! (if you are unsure of that game...it's a game that Beautiful Feet liked to play on the road where you stick your head out the window and yell HEY COW!!! And you count how many cows turn their heads to look at you and those are your points...be looking for a post about that on my blog coming up!...only in IA...but I've brought it to TX!)
Sweet Lily will be said to see the cow go. I say keep it around!

Connie said...

I thought for a bit we could save it by transforming it into an angel. The ears looked like possible wings, but that face is definitely a cow shape and 4 legs? No, it's gotta go. Have we got any cow collectors out there? Say the word and it's yours.

Rachel Bardwell said...

Hey Laura! I am getting a kick out of your funny family stories. At least you don't have to open the cow's back end to get the mail out. . . do you?

Sharon said...

Oh, I had to chuckle at Rachel B's observation. You really need to count your blessings on that one, don't you?

My suggestion about the mailbox would be to find out what Lily loves more than this cow ... angels? You can't just KILL THE COW, or make it disappear, if she is having daily dialog with it, can you?!?!

I say, switch it out for something YOU can live with, that Lily will love. :-) Really, they are only this small once, and then you're stuck with hormonal pre-pubescents, surly teens, and "indistructable" twenty-somethings. :-)

By the way ... I hate to burst the bubble. While I've never seen this *particular* version of a cow mailbox, I have no trouble imagining her sister somewhere here in Wisconsin (the dairy state)!

But, no ... no need to send Bossy the Cow over here to live ... thanks!

Sharon said...

P.S. Can't wait to play HEY COW!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I saw a lovely goose mailbox the other day, and thought of your cow. It had a long neck that stuck up above, and webbed feet that dangled down below. I couldn't decide which was worse. The era of cows and geese has been long gone, when the country look ended, but some people refuse to move on. Laura, it's time to move on.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Tonight we drove by your new house to see if anyone was "home" and Sam refused to believe that was your house because the cow mailbox was GONE!!! -Replaced with a non-descript black jobie that could have belonged to anyone!!! He was so confused he kept saying, "but that mail, wasn't the right mail." and every explanation I gave, got me a "why?" Like why didn't you want it? Why don't you like cows? Why would you throw it away? Why is it too silly? why, oh why, oh why??!! Finally I told him he'd have to ask you. Which seemed to satisfy him. So you've got a lot of 'splanin' to do, Laura.

Anonymous said...

You ditched the cow?!

That cow had character!!

I mean "ours is the one with the cow out front" tells people where to stop. (ie--SAM!) What? You want to blend?
I hope you have posted the cow outside Lily's playhouse so she can get mail! She loved that old cow. Sam can write her letters.

Anonymous said...

I just took a second look. What's really sad about that cow mailbox is that they just painted their old box and glued a head on it.....yikes.