Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My Ghetto Thank-You.

I'm sure this goes against everything Miss Manners stands for. My thank you notes are all packed away in a storage shed, so I want to thank Jeannie and Dan for my birthday gift certificate to Gordmans (the greatest store known to womankind). I think God looked into my heart and gave me Gordmans. Can I get an amen? Anyways, this is the mirror I picked up with my cute little purple gift card. I love it, I love it, I love it. I think this will fit into the niche above our new fireplace. Now I will ask you both, Jeannie and Dan( the smartest couple in the U.S.), or anyone else who wants to give their two cents worth, do you pronounce that ni-TCH, or
N-eeSH. We seem to have a difference of opinion here. Anyways, thank you so much. Also, thankyou to Jeff and Amy for the cute purple shirt. I love it. It is also packed away in a box in storage somewhere otherwise I would have posted a picture as well. Thank -you all for the presents so much. Turning 31 was almost pain-free.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

El Librario has the answer you've been looking for. Unfortunately, your both right.....I hate it when the English language can't make up it's mind. I also hate it when people say 'neesh.'
Actually the 'nitch' pronunciacion was listed first, and only in one sourse, so, basically that's the "right" answer. Yeah, me! :)

Now, who's side am I on?

Anonymous said...

p.s. Love your mirror it will look cool in your NITCH.

Connie said...

Actually, for my 2 cents worth, I don't pronounce that word either way. I don't like that word, so I don't use it. Don't know why, just don't.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to go with....NITCH on that one. Sweet mirror!

Anonymous said...

Neither one of us felt one way or the other, but we had a very long discussion on it one night, so I thought I'd bring it up. So, mom, what would you call that special little place? If I've got one, I should call it something!

Connie said...

Guess I will have to see it first! Or I could call Deb and ask her - since she was the one spying in the window that one night!!!