Saturday, September 13, 2008

Romantical Date.

Joe and I had a date night tonight thanks to Joe's parents. We decided to go to Los Portales. We've been wanting to try it for a long time now. Tonight happened to be mariachi night. Four super-cool, very talented guys (except you have to watch the little guy with the trumpet...he's a stinker) walked around and played for tables. They get up to our booth and notice its just the two of us and ask us if we would like to hear a "romantic song or a "happy song". Joe pipes up, "The hawks won! We want a happy song!" Yeah....that's exactly what I was thinking. So they begin their "happy song" with high pitched, "Ay-ay-ay-ayes!!!" etc. and the little stinker (trumpet guy) sneaks behind Joe and points at me and motions for me to 'shake what God gave me'. I replied, much to Joe's disappointment "Ummmm....no." Needless to say, it was a fun night. I got to hear lots of tongue trills and "aye arriba's" from my husband the rest of the night.

4 comments:

emily said...

That is pretty amazing! I can hear Joe's little "arribas" right now. And the big eyes and look on his face when told to "shake it". DORK. Sounds like a fun night!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

aww, come on, Laura. Shake that money maker.

Meghan said...

All I can hear is Joe's indian accent. Ha!

laura b. said...

Los Portales is one of our favorite restaurants. Dan and I don't know what to think of the mariachi band but Sylvia likes them and they always play a song for her.