Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm Scared...

Next week, Jackson will be attending School Of The Wild which is a weeklong outdoor education program at one of the local state parks. I kindly offered to be a parent volunteer on Monday. I thought to myself, 'Wow! That will be so much fun! I'll get to spend the day in the great outdoors to enjoy and 'become one' with God's wonderful creations!' (Can you hear "The hills are aliiive...." in the background?).
I pick Jackson up from school today and he takes one look at me and bursts out laughing.
"What?" I ask.
(more laughing...)
I repeat myself. More laughing follows.
"What's so funny, Jackson?" I ask, a little nervously.
Between chuckles, he's able to spit out, "Today, we got our schedules for Wild and on Monday our group is learning how to handle snakes, emptying snake traps and then we are searching and identifying poison ivy."
ummmmmm........This. is. not. what. I. signed. up. for.

2 comments:

kristin said...

that's horrifying!!! can you reneg?? Snakes are a deal breaker...that's not fair!!

laura b. said...

I hope making applesauce at preschool will make up for it.