Friday, September 12, 2008

Bizzarr-o.

I was driving to my sister's house late this afternoon and went past City High. I noticed what seemed to be the girl's cross country team running down the sidewalk. It was a group of maybe 50 girls. Upon further inspection, I noticed they were all dressed as pirates. As in 'Ahoy, mateys' kind of pirates. Eye patches, jolly rogers, ripped pants, etc....All of them! And they were just as serious as they could be running down the street. It was perhaps the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. I was lucky I didn't get into an accident. Can anyone explain this to me???

5 comments:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Maybe it was the first practice. Which really doesn't explain anything! I'm glad you clarified what kind of pirates you saw. What other kind of pirates ARE there?! I really wished we'd been there. Sam would have loved it. Too bad you didn't have your camera.

Shelly said...

I agree, too bad you didn't have your camera. I thought you always had your camera on you? shucks.
BTW... no explanation. Maybe initiation?

laura b. said...

I always dress like a pirate when I go running. I don't go running though so I guess I don't ever dress up like a pirate either.

emily said...

wow. sounds like something you would see in Austin. :) sounds pretty random.

Rachel Bardwell said...

Was it homecoming week?