Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We're Back!

We're back from Wisconsin Dells and had a GREAT time. There's a little adjusting at home today with the little one. All night last night she cried because she wanted to go to the waterpark. She was a little fish! Oh, excuse me...a little mermaid (as she prefers to be called.) This is our conversation this morning as I was getting ready for the day...

"Where are we going, mom?"
"Nowhere."
"Where are we going, mom?"
"Nowhere."
(screaming with fake tears) "I WANT TO GO NOWHERE!!!!"

I mean, how does one deal with that? Then...

"I get my swimmysuit on"
"No, we're not going swimming today."
"I go to waterpark."
"No, we're not going swimming today."
"I GO TO WATERPARK!!!"
"Not today."
"I go to waterpark with grandma and grandpa and Jill and Damon and grandma and Will and Sam and Max and grandma and Daddy and Mommy and grandma and Jackson and Noah and Lily and grandma and Emmy...where IS Emmy?"
"Emmy's in Texas."
"Oh. I get my swimmysuit on."
I'm sure the battle will continue today. Here are some pics from our good time.
This is Lily looking up at someone begging to be taken in the water...

Who can resist this little face? How could you possible say "No"? Grandma couldn't!
Jackson, I discovered was sneaking a cookie under his towel...where did he learn such bad behavior?
...from his father.
What happens when you forget to take your undies off before swimming? They get aired out and posted on a blog! I won't mention any names...

Grandma's girl...
My baby's going down a big slide! She said, "Whee!" all the way down.
Jackson playing ball...

Lily liked to squirt grandpa in her little jetski...

Noah and Will took the plunge and did the big racing slide this year. I won't even do this one! The first time down they screamed! Actually, they screamed every time they went down, but the first time was legitimate. He said he had "heebie jeebies". There was some definite testosterone flying around. That's Joe on the right with his head turned to make sure he wasn't too traumatized. He's got a smile! They did that ride A LOT. I watched.
Sam and Noah chilling...
Bathing beauty... Seeing that fountain-thing in the background reminded me of my mother walking around without her glasses on and seeing this thing and asking, "who brought their poodle to the waterpark?!?" We're still not sure if she was joking...I don't think she was, because later she was yelling repeatedly, "C'mon, Will, we're leaving", then turned to me and said, "That's Will, right?". Wow. She might need to get some prescription goggles next year.
Will and Noah were unstoppable...

Climbin' the ropes. It only got the best of him once...and he never went back. Luckily Uncle Damon was there for the rescue. Jackson likes the fact that he's going so fast that he's a blur...
Jackson perfected the art of snorkeling! His father taught him how to put your hand over other people's tube to block off their air supply and how to splash water into other people's tubes. It was all in the name of 'being a boy'. Thanks, Dear!
Bad boys... They're actually thinking 'can we stop taking pictures and go swimming already?'

Muscle man... I was hoping "Big Blue" would be in this picture. It's always a good topic of conversation. (Noah has a large blue vein going across his chest that we've fondly named.) I did hear his cousin casually say, "Hey, I see your blood tube." Cool.
Max's favorite activity was "chewing goggles".
I think this was the 1, 765 th turn down this slide... Grandma's back has to be achin' today!
We stayed at The Great Wolf Lodge. I would recommend it to anyone. It was so much fun. We got a condo this time. It had 3 bedrooms and then a common area with kitchen and family room. It worked great for us. Sigh...back to real life! Noah has already asked me when we can go back. I told him, "about 364 more days." He didn't like that so much.





3 comments:

emily said...

Lily Margaret, she likes to swim! Poor girl! She just wants to go swimming!I think I need her.

kristin said...

I want to go!!! wow. That looks like lots of fun. Is there a way to swim in your clothes though??

Laura said...

Yeah, that's the downside...you have to let it all hang out!