Thursday, April 10, 2008

Potty Dilema.

So, for several days now, I've tried to get Lily to wear 'big girl' panties for just a short amount of time. I've even pulled out the big guns and brought out the little mermaid panties. No go. She insists, "It too small." "It not fit." "I don't like it" "my diaper". Hello! If you can say all that...you can pee in a toilet!! I think if I just get them on her and get her distracted for a while, she'll forget about them. So far, she's just taken them back off, opened the closet and thrown a diaper at me in a not-so-nice way. This afternoon, I hear a little voice yell at me, "Mom! Sumpin' gwoss up here!" I meet her at the top of the stairs, naked from the waist down. (Her, not me!!). She leads me to the bathroom and points to the floor. There lays a wet diaper and a big poop laying beside it. I shut my eyes for a few seconds where I go to the beach with my pina colada. When I open them again, the boys are standing there inspecting everything. You know boys, they like a good poop story. They discuss the smell and the nastiness of it all when Noah asks, "Are you going to pick it up with your bare hands, Mom???" He is very disappointed to see that I use T.P. Did he REALLY think I would use my bare hands? BOYS! Well, I will keep at it. I can rest in the knowledge that she will not be wearing diapers for her graduation day, hopefully, so I will try not to sweat the small stuff.

0 comments: