Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mom...You Didn't Think I'd Do It.

58 Reasons I love my mom: (purely "random" number I happened to pick out...completely random)
1. She's funky...and really likes to use the word "funky"
2. She has cute hair.
3. She lets me dye her hair a different shade of red every 6 weeks. "Oh, my gawwsh!"
4. She will give you the shirt off her back, or whatever else you need.
5. She doesn't need much in the way of "things".
6. She will tell you what's valuable in life.
7. She's had her heart broken.
8. She has unexplainable joy.
9. She is an amazing artist.
10. Her art speaks to everyone in some way.
11. She passed her artistic genes on.
12. She encourages her daughters.
13. She continues to grow and change.
14. She puts a good perspective on seemingly impossible situations.
15. She's got a great "crooked jaw" (from Joe).
16. She can be ferocious when protecting her children and grandchildren.
17. She worked hard and raised her kids well.
18. She made being a kid fun.
19. We got away with alot as kids...in the name of fun. (rollerskating in the house, etc.)
20. Money isn't important to her.
21. She gets to paint with little kids every day. Usually comes home with paint in her hair, face, etc.
22. She likes a good bargain. OK...we learned our "cheapness" from the expert.
23. She talks loud on her cell phone.
24. She can still silence her adult children with "the look"
25. She will paint her shoes...or a purse, if she gets a "wild hair"
26. She loves chocolate.
27. She readily offers up her husband's help to others (ie refills, etc).
28. She's wacky.
29. She's got colorful socks.
30. She's still working tirelessly to get Julie Thomas elected (also from Joe).
31. She likes to take scenic tours through south Chicago.
32. She treats her sons-in-laws like sons.
33. She delights in her grandchildren.
34. She has a "button" on her arm that beeps.
35. She stuffs her grandchildren full of mints.
36. She has a pouch in her purse strictly for mints.
37. She still has our framed poster sized senior pictures on her wall.
38. She never throws anything away. She's got ointments and creams from 1972. If you need it, she's got it. And usually know right where it is!
39. She's got glow in the dark angels on her bedroom ceiling and lets her grandkids find them with a flashlight.
40. The infamous quote, "I hate struggles" came from her.
41. She requested fried hamburgers for her special birthday dinner. (???)
42. She makes a mean pan of brownies that have 'removeable frosting'.
43. She makes presents to give away for birthdays and holidays.
44. She believes in the power of prayer.
45. She makes me laugh.
46. Speaking of laughing...she has a very weak bladder, which usually makes for some excitement.
47. She takes good care of her husband.
48. She goes along on family vacations and is brave enough to go down waterslides.
49. She doesn't charge for babysitting.
50. My kids ask for us to go out so she can babysit.
51. She takes good care of her parents.
52. She's our reliable loose tooth -puller.
53. I call her when I just "need my mom".
54. I can usually hold it together unless my mom asks, "What's wrong?" Then it all comes out.
55. She's an avid sports fan when her grandsons are playing. She sometimes gets loud...
56. She's silly.
57. She puts babies to sleep.
58. She's loved and cherished by all who know her.

Happy Birthday, Mom, I could have listed another 58. But I won't. This is it. I'm tired. :)

2 comments:

emily said...

I love it!!I laughed...I cried! It was great! Everything was perfect...I kept saying..yup!!

Connie said...

I laughed. I cried. You're a stinker, and I love you!