Monday, March 10, 2008

Big Girl Bed.

Last night was Lily's first night in a 'big girl bed'. She finally got to sleep about 10 o'clock. I think she was feeling a little lost in all that space. She DOES look so tiny and small in it! She started out great, then a couple of times she called for us and when we went in, she was waiting right on the other side of the door. After a 'talk' with her father about staying in her bed, she got a little more desperate and dramatic. Have I told you she's quite the expert in the art of drama? The first time I went in there, this is what she said:
WHERE?
WHERE?
OH, NO!
I can't find it!
OH, NO!
WHERE?
WHERE?
I never did figure out what she was looking for. I think it was just in reaction to the vast amount of space around her. The next time I went in this is what she said:
OW!
OW!
OUCH!
OUCHIE!
IT HURTS!
IT HURTS!
OW!
OWIE!
I ask her, "What hurts?"
She replies, "My big girl bed."
Give this girl an oscar! The last time Joe went in there, it was about 10 o'clock. He was in there a few minutes. I asked him what she said and he replied, "I think she said something about biscuits..." Joe will be the first one to admit he is NOT fluent in Lily-ese. I'm not holding my breath that there will be a nap happening today. She did sleep through the night, for the most part. I woke her at 8 o'clock and asked her if her big girl was nice and warm and comfy. She smiled, nodded her head, and said "it's soft!"

1 comments:

emily said...

I love her! I think the next time I come home...her and I may need to have a slumber party and snuggle in the big girl bed. seriously. not joking...it's going to happen.