Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ice Skater Extraordinaire.

Noah had his first ice skating experience this week. Apparently, they are learning about motion and gravity in Science, so they took a field trip to the mall. Seems a little fishy to me. I didn't see anyone taking notes or conducting any experiments. They sure did have fun, though. Noah took to the ice like Scott Hamilton in tight pants! He made a couple laps around clenched to the wall, then got brave enough to walk/skate into the middle. (Baby steps, baby steps.) He then took off like a pro.

There was, of course, some out of control moments...
Let's just say he had a very wet bottom at the end of the day.
His teacher came to the rescue a couple of times. We all oohed and aahed over her because she brought her very OWN skates. Very impressive.
I left a little early, but apparently, according to Noah, after I left he mastered some fancy moves. He said, "I was doing all kinds of turns...but it kinda hurted."

2 comments:

emily said...

When I talked to him about it on the phone and asked him if did any "tricks", he said..."yeah...I got off the wall".
tricky!
way to go on snapping a picture at just the right time--referring to the "out of control moment".

emily said...

another thing...
"took to the ice like Scott Hamilton in tight pants"...I about died!!! hilarious!