Monday, December 3, 2007

NOT The Best Decision We've Ever Made.

So, this last weekend, we decided to get our Christmas tree. We found the perfect one Friday night. We decided to splurge a little and get a big tree. As in 10 feet. Big. So, we get it in the stand (which we also had to buy to accomodate the bigger tree.). This would be the stand that said on the outside "For trees up the 10 feet tall". You might know where this story is going. We decide to decorate it later in the weekend because we've got the art open house Saturday. At the show, I get a phone call. It's Lily. "Mom, tree fall down." I think this is hilarious, actually, probably because I'm across town and Joe is home with 3 kids all day trying to shop-vac a gallon of water out of our living room carpet. So, he and Jackson get the tree back in and "secure" it. I gave Joe a hard time because no one in the house yelled, "TIMBER!!!!" I mean, how many opportunities to you get to actually do that?? He REALLY didn't think that was so funny. So, yesterday we get all our ornaments on and it is BEAUTIFUL. We go out to dinner, come home and the tree is laying on the floor. Ornaments everywhere. Water everywhere. I'm quickly seeing why the 'timber joke' bombed. The kids are crying. Joe is about ready to 'snap', and I'm feeling very violated, if you will. This is not even the worst part of the story. The worst part is very hard to talk about. One member of our family is STILL not talking about it.

*DISCLAIMER* The below photograph is violent in nature and should only be viewed by those in good health. If you are pregnant, have a heart condition, or any other serious medical condition, view photo at your own risk.


POOR COWBOY JOE.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That breaks a Cowboy's heart.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

oh no! I'm feeling violently ill after viewing that nasty photo. It's a good thing I'm in good health. I'm so so sorry. Is there going to be some kind of memorial service, or are heroic efforts being made to sustain its life through super glue measures?

Shelly said...

R.I.P. Cowboy Joe

emily said...

wow. sorry to say this but...that was an amazing story! sorry joe. maybe cowboy Joe will learn to hold a little more tightly to the reins next time!

Shadley said...

keep yer free hand a-movin' Cowboy Joe. Sorry to hear of yer loss.

Rachel Bardwell said...

I feel really badly that I'm laughing at your misfortune, but not badly enough to STOP laughing!

Real trees have been banned from my parents' home when one tipped over and stained their brand new carpet. Hope that didn't happen to you!

Rachel Bardwell said...

Shadley, wonderful cowboy dialect in your comment!

kristin said...

second story TODAY about disfunctional tree stands! that just makes me furious for you! I would have cussed..big time. sorry about that cowboy thingy..I'm guessing it's for sentimental value. LOVE your huge bulbs in the window...LOVE em!