Monday, December 17, 2007

I Can't Believe I'm Old Enough To Have A Child That Needs Orthodontics.

Jackson had his first orthodontic appointment today to 'asssess' the situation. Apparently his upper jaw is growing at an alarmingly faster rate than his bottom jaw and is causing a major overbite. Heavens. Who decided that people need to have perfect jaws anyways. The kid can eat just fine. I'm in denial and think this is bogus. I've also decided I should give up my high paying job as a stay at home mom and become an orthodontist. That's OBVIOUSLY where the big bucks are made. OUCH. In his assessment, it was suggested headgear and braces be installed in about a year. Jackson was OK with the braces idea, but said, "I don't think the headgear is going to work out for me." and "I can't live with having headgear." and "It'll just interrupt my sleep too much." HA! I'm so excited to hear the excuses that come up over the next 12 months. Im sure he'll get pretty creative.

0 comments: