Thursday, December 20, 2007

Cookie Day!

Today was out annual Christmas cookie day. Jill, her kids, and Mom came over and spent the afternoon making cutouts. We had a good time. Lots and lots of energy, flour, Christmas music, funny times, and lots and lots of sprinkles

Max worked hard making cookies...
Can you see the perfectly floured handprint on my couch???




This one won the award for the most amount of sprinkles on one cookie...
Mom has declared that she is now the "overseer/baby watcher" so she gets out of the dirty work.

This one was done by Sam and I thought it was very, very cute.

Mom went out on limb this year and made some 'puce' colored frosting. Let's say it tasted better than it looked!
We were finding several cookies around the outer edges of the table that had little bites out of them. Lily was quickly dubbed, "The Cookie Bandit".



6 comments:

emily said...

aw man!! Not that I was ever a part of the cookie making fun, because you would do it without me even if I was there, but I missed out! I doubt the cookies will last until Jan.11. :(

Connie said...

Em, don't be a sad girl, I will make sure there are some left or else we/they will be making more!

Anonymous said...

We are NOT doing this all over again. I repeat. NOT. UNTIL. NEXT. CHRISTMAS.

emily said...

When I first saw the title to this post, I thought that maybe there was a special day happening for Cookie the dog, and I thought...that's a little ridiculous!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

The great thing about the moon cookie that won the award is that if you look closely, you'll realize that it was actually made with YELLOW frosting, (not that you can even really tell) then sprinkled to death with green sprinkles!

kristin said...

that's a shocking amount of sprinkles