Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fun On The Pumpkin Farm.

The Grands and Max. He was a trooper all day long. Max, I mean. Don was too.

Silliness on the hay rack ride.
Kids and Cousins. Once again, Jack claims he's too old for this 'funny business'.

They look like little men in this picture, standing around in deep discussion and inspection of a rotten pumpkin.
Little ones on the cow train.
Noah would have taken this little one home if he could.
We heard lots of, "Why can't we get a kitten?" "NO WAY", says their father. Been there, done that. End of discussion. He was a cute little furball, though. Unfortunately, they grow up to be a CAT!
Noah was only a little bit nervous. I think he has white knuckles.


This might be just a tad bit preplanned. I will give her an 'A' for effort, though.

Waiting patiently for our turn. This is where Will said, "I don't think this day could get any funner."
Lily was obsessed with the goats. She kept going back all day. She fed them and petted them. I wish I would have gotten a picture of her squatting beside the fence talking and whispering to them. At one point I looked over and she had her finger pointed out and a baby goat was sucking on her finger and she had a big smile on her face. For a moment, I became a germ phobe monster mom and had a flashback of our shigella sonnei outbreak last year, but I held back and let her have fun as I got my antibacterial wipes ready.

This little stinker is supposed to be watching a magic show with the rest of his family, but instead, has snuck in his radio so he could listen to the Iowa game. He actually at one point threw his arms up for a touchdown, and slapped Jackson on the back. Can you imagine what would've happened if he had missed the one and only game Iowa will win this season because he was picking pumpkins?!?!? Ouch.

And here's a little doozy I'll leave you all with tonight. This is one of those pictures that speaks volumes. What it's saying...I'm not sure. But I love the look on Lily's face in this picture! We had a great time. A little drizzly, but we didn't let that stop us!




5 comments:

emily said...

Ok...the pic of Noah and Will standing there looking down at the pumpkin totally looks like Joe and Damon!!!
LOVE Lily's hat!
Regarding the kitten...it WILL turn into a cat and all I have to say is NAST! And...you DON'T want another one like the last one...SCARY!! I still have nightmares about it running and attacking me EVERY time I went downstairs. And still have to laugh when he cornered me and I had to yell for Joe to come rescue me!
I can imagine Joe doing his little football dance amidst the pumpkins!
That last picture is priceless!! I was laughing so hard!!!

Kathy said...

This is great! I love these 'snapshots' into your family! I am a very proud Aunt what can I say?

Anonymous said...

This looks like such a great place! And not all kittens grow into psychotic, man-eating monsters like Frances. (He was probably just really ticked about his name.)

emily said...

Joe and I were talking about Frances the other night and we both think that it wouldn't have surprised us if he would have started talking...he was definitely a psycho cat. But hey...don't knock the name Frances!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Did they name that cat after you, Em? I don't know if you should feel flattered, or offended.