Tuesday, June 10, 2008

This Child Might Be The End of Me.

Noah had his 7 year check up yesterday and lets just say Dr. M got way more info about the Mc. Family than she probably wanted! I was literally tense and on the edge of my seat in fear of what was going to come out of his mouth next. This is only a small sampling of info that was shared:

1. While doing his coordination test, he informed Dr. M that hopping on one foot was too easy and said, "Yeah, but can you do this??" And broke out some breakdancing moves right there in the exam room.

2. She then left the room to get some papers and as soon as she was gone started doing his "Irish jig" dance. (You have to see it to believe it). I screamed, "Noah, what are you doing?" and he replied, "I'm just practicing for when she comes back in!"

3. Dr. M told him that he was her most entertaining patient of the day and he replied, "Welcome to our world."

4. He told her the reason he gets out of his bed at bedtime is because he lays there and thinks of 'all these important questions that he needs answered right away." She asked him why he can't ask those questions during the daytime and he replied, "because I'm too busy playing video games all day long."

5. She asked him if he knew what would happen to his brain if he played video games all day long. He replied, "I would turn into Indiana Jones?" (he just got an Indiana Jones Lego game.)

6. He told her that his brother purposely gets him into trouble all day long and that his sister pinches him really hard all the time.

7. He said his dad makes wierd noises at the dinner table.

8. He said that he and his brother play hockey with pieces of bread.

9. She asked him what kinds of things he does that gets him into trouble. He said, "I'm sorry, I can't answer that question right now," and points to me.

10. I finally just told him to 'shush' because I was trying to talk to the doctor and he kept interrupting with all his 'important information'. He then preceded to sit in his chair and raise his hand and wave it at her. I just kept thinking, "Please don't call on him...Please, don't call on him!"

3 comments:

Kathy said...

This is hilarious! I am so glad you journaled it, for future laughs and sweet remembrances when his kids do and say crazy things :)

I am still laughing! What a kid.

emily said...

I absolutely love him! We are SO having a dance party when I come home. seriously.

Rachel Bardwell said...

Seriously, I keep coming back and reading this post over and over because it makes me laugh so hard!!