Friday, June 13, 2008

My Heart Hurts.

My heart hurts to lose our church. Yes, it's just a building, but I can't help but think of all the good memories there. Our kids have grown up there. They were dedicated there. I was married there. I was baptized there. My dad's funeral was there. Bible studies and preschool. Parties and worship. As I looked around at VBS this week in our temporary location, I was brought to tears several times as God laid it on my heart that all the people around me, serving these children and teaching them about Jesus is the real church. Yes, we have no building, but God is still the same today as He was yesterday. On a more serious note....if both El Dorado and El Ranchero are underwater, where am I going to get a chicken chimichanga, extra rice, no beans, sour cream & guacamole on the side?

8 comments:

emily said...

you did not just say that did you?!?! I didn't even think of El Dorado and El Ranchero. oh no. the tears are coming!

Shadley said...

you might have to swim up north to Iguana's! A little pricier but good. :)

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Hey, does this mean you have your internet connection back?! What about Panchero's?! Are you blocked off from all of them too?! That's even worse.

Laura said...

No, I can still get to the Coralville one, thank the GOOD LORD! And yes, we got our internet back. I'm way too spoiled. I really thought I was separated from society!

kristin said...

what about Lone Star?? Geoff's worried..and now..we can't get to Cedar Rapids for the Friday night Red Robin venture....we are SUFFERING here! this is sick!


and

I am really sorry about the church, too. Not soo many memories there, but Brooks and Reagan soo loved their preschool and sunday schools! It's going to bring everyone closer together, I think.

Rachel Bardwell said...

That's so true! You can worship God wherever you are, but there are only a few places to get good Mexican :)

(OK, I hope this doesn't sound like I'm making light of the flooding at Parkview. I'm not. Just trying to find some humor. . .)

Laura said...

yes, I think humor is definitely my way of dealing with things!

Connie said...

ooooh, ooooh, ooooh, let momma come to your rescue! Los Gracias in CR, corner of 1st Ave and Collins Rd. Just take I-80 to Des Moines, 35 north to Hwy 20, then across to Waterloo and back down 380. And wah-la, you're there!