Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's Quite Possible Contact Paper Is From The Devil.




We had our third day of Vacation Bible School. I'm helping out in crafts again this year. Every year there is one 'special' project that looks good in theory but ends up a nightmare. Today, I experienced 'Nightmare 2008'. The little ones were making placemats. They were decorating 11x17 pieces of white paper, then they would bring it to us and we would 'laminate it' between 2 pieces of clear contact paper. It went pretty smoothly for the first group of 25 or so, but the second group was 54 kids and 15 minutes to get it done! Jill and I worked as a team and kinda got a system down (even though she's left-handed and tries to do everything backwards:), but all the sudden heck broke loose as they all descended on us at once. The pressure was on and as I tried to go faster the contact paper got stickier and bubblier and crooked-er and wonky-er. After one particular bad one I had to stop and look at it and just laugh. It was just terrible. I looked on the back at the name and wouldn't you know it....it was the CRAFT LEADER's kid. I'm so gonna be fired.

2 comments:

Rachel Bardwell said...

It takes a really special person to be "fired" by a church. Congrats!!

kristin said...

lol! and...those are some seriously hot shoes...where, oh where might I copy them from???