Thursday, May 8, 2008

This week I've been volunteering in Jackson's class to help out with a huge project they do every year. They make replicas of historic houses around IC. There was an article in the Gazette about it on Wednesday. His teacher called and asked if I was able to help out, saying "It would be SO great to an artist's professional help!" OK... no pressure there. It turns out we're talking sponge painting, markers and construction paper shingles. Whew. I can do that. They all turned out really neat. And they have so much pride in their hard work. It was really neat to see. I will take pictures tonight at the open house and post them. I thought it would be only Monday and Tuesday, but ended up being Wednesday and today as well. Grandma babysat the first two days and I thought 'lets see what happens if I take Lily with me.' Turns out she was the star of the show with the 5th and 6th grade girls. She was pretty much mauled. She got carried everywhere, read to, taken to the water fountain about 43 times. At one point, they had her sitting in a chair and about 10 girls were surrounding her and they were all trying to get her to say their names. "Lily, can you say Sunny?" "Lily, can you say Abbie?". There was lots of squealing and much talk about her pink toenails, her princess sandals, etc. And she ate up every single minute. What did Jackson think about this? He rolled his eyes. All the girls were coming up to him and saying, "Jackson your sister is SOOOOOOO cute!" His face was a little red. I also might add that he was very adamant that I come back and help today and "yeah, you can bring Lily."

0 comments: