Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm Starting To Get Fussy.

Mothers are mourning and gnashing their teeth in misery all across this forsaken city. 5 consecutive days off is just...too much. I think we're supposed to get some more snow tonight. Reading my friends blog today, she posted how her daughters are still singing their Christmas songs. Just yesterday, Lily was belting out a rousing rendition of "Jingle Bells". Poor thing can't think of anything else to sing but songs about dashing through the snow. When I asked her to pick out a book to read today she came back with a little book about Noah's Ark and she said, "I pick Santa's Boat." I think it was the beard. And the 5 feet of snow outside. And the frgid temperature. Spring, I beg you. Please. We need you. Badly.

5 comments:

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Amen to that, sista!

emily said...

I'm not going to say anything about that. :)

Connie said...

We're all getting fussy, honey, but we must endure.

THE BROWN BOYS said...

You don't have NEARLY as much snow as we do. I'll prove it to you with a new post on my blog soon. You will be shocked... and dismayed... and perhaps even a tiny bit secretly jealous.

kristin said...

I'm soooo hearing you over here, sistergirlfriend. If the sun weren't out today I might just have to......I don't know what..but something drastic/shocking/ and harsh. This is getting ridiculous! We're going to Montana next week to "warm up". It's been in the fifties there...who'd a thunk?