Sunday, February 24, 2008

Little Ballerina Girl.

Several weeks ago, Lily and I caught the tail end of a production of The Nutcracker on PBS one night. We danced and danced around the room. Good thing no one else was there! She's talked of it ever since. So when I saw this at Target for $5, I couldn't resist.

Speaking of resistance, this is what I came up against when I was ready to put in the DVD.
There was some kicking, screaming, but I finally got them both wrestled to the ground. A mom's got to do what a mom's got to do. Then I realize this whole time Lily has mysteriously disappeared....
Oh, there she is....she was just gettig herself ready.

Pay no attention the boy sitting attentively behind his sister. He was NOT there. He did NOT watch it. He did NOT enjoy it. It's a figment of your imagination.


5 comments:

Connie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I love the way her tu-tu flipped up!

Connie said...

Wait, what is a Barbie movie like? Dolls positioned in ballet poses? Oh, wait, like totally animated? sorry I got confused there.

Laura said...

It's animated. yeah, she's kind of freaky actually. Not how I envisioned Barbie would come to life when I was little! Very Stepford Wives-ish. But Lily likes the music and dancing.

emily said...

This brings a smile to my face! I'm familiar with the Barbie Nutcracker with my babysitting experiences. It's a little obnoxious but I'm sure Lily LOVES it...and I'm sure another certain someone loves it as well...deep down inside somewhere!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

those boys just better get used to all the girly stuff. It's only just beginning, really.