Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Big Sis.

Tomorrow is my sister's birthday. She's very special to me. Here's why...
1. she's one of my best friends.
2. I can ask her anything. No topic is off-limits.
3. she's got a funky style...I mean, just look at her.
4. she's artistic beyond belief.
5. She's crazygood with a paintbrush.
6. She doesn't conform.
7. She keeps secrets.
8. she's not afraid to say "I'm sorry".
9. she's an awesome mom.
10. she loves her kids to pieces.
11. she encourages her kids to be themselves.
12. she's passed on her creativeness to her kids.
13. she's funny. Really funny. Her sense of humor is vast. She makes me laugh. A lot.
14. she doesn't hold back. The girl tells it like is is.
15. she makes really good funny faces.
16. she likes to use big important words.
17. she always gives you the "long version" of her stories.
18. she likes funky socks.
19. she likes a good bargain..or maybe she's CHEAP. (but she's proud of that!)
20. she makes lot of interesting noises early in the morning and late at night. (sorry 'bout that one.)
21. she's an adult woman whose favorite cereal is coco marshmallow mateys.
22. she's the closest thing I've got to a "twin".
23. she's my crazy bed partner for overnight art shows.
24. she can be VERY silly. And it's all natural, baby.
25. she makes a very high pitched trill that she pulls out on special occassions, like when she's cold, etc.
26. she's an awesome cook. I can't narrow it down...chicken enchiladas?
27. she's very giving...if you've had a baby or a surgery in the last several years, you've probably gotten a meal from her, or your kids watched, etc. etc.
28. she can sing entire songs using the words, "du, du, du"
29. She likes to blog, and can't post a video that's shorter than 5 minutes (that's from Joe.)
30. We can basically communicate with each other using only facial expressions. Usually behind mom's back!! Ha!
31. Jackson will be taller than her by the end of the summer.
32. she has the most beautiful hands.
33. she loves to read as much as I do.
There are many more reasons, but I think this year, "33" is a "special number", so, I'll stop there. I don't know why, because she looks fabulous for 29!! Happy Birthday, Jill. I love you so very much.

6 comments:

emily said...

ooohh...I have tears. I would have to agree with all of those!!! I'm so thankful for Jill too! What absolutely amazing and beautiful sisters I have. Happy birthday Jill!

Shadley said...

Happy Bday Jill!

kristin said...

Happy Birthday, JILL!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. It is so awesome that you 3 have each other...makes me so happy that I have 2 girls of my own that can grow up together. How wonderful!

-Jenny Essington

Shelly said...

okay... that was cool.
I'm going to be 40 in May, maybe you should start jotting things down about me now so you're not stumped by then. :)

I am so blessed to call Jill my sister too.... sister-in-law!

Happy B-day Jill!

Kathy said...

secrets kept are wonderful
long versions of stories are great
interesting noises - interesting

this is a great list for a great sister

(but i would be really careful of the faces behind your mom's back, just because she is getting older, the eyes in the back of her head still work!) ha