Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Gift.

Tonight, as we were eating a bedtime snack, Lily looked at me and giggled and said, " 'member grandpa Bill?" My arms get all goosepimply.
I said, "yeah...do you remember grandpa Bill?" (For those of you that don't know, my dad, Bill, passed away 10 years ago.)
Lily says, " grandpa Bill picked me up and went 'round and 'round and 'round and I go "wheeee!".
I respond by saying, " You mean, Grandpa Don?" thinking maybe she's gotten things confused.
"No, Grandpa Bill." she says. So, I yell for Joe and ask her to tell her daddy what she told me and he gets the same story. We hadn't been talking about him. Nothing. She really doesn't have much background history about him, as she's only 2, for heaven's sake. Literally, this was out of the blue. Joe and I just look at each other and say, "wierd."
Then, I get on the computer tonight and click on my sister, Emily's blog, and goosepimples galore again. You can get to her blog by clicking on her name to the right.
God continues to reveal to me that our lives here on Earth are miniscule to the big picture going on in Eternity. What a blessing He's given me tonight to let me know He knows my heart inside and out. I'm reminded of how awesomely big He is and, despite myself, He still loves little ol' me.

1 comments:

emily said...

tears and tears!! wow. I think she knows about things, that we don't know! I can picture it. That's something he would totally do, swing her 'round and 'round! wow!