Monday, February 11, 2008

Stinker-ette, Part 2.

Tonight, for supper, I made home-made waffles. I was, of course, the last to get to eat, because I trust no one else with my waffle iron. I made up my waffle with some strawberries and whipped cream. You really should have seen it. It was a thing of beauty. I walk to the table to sit down. As I'm ready to dig in I feel eyes staring at me. I sneak a peek and Lily has her eyes as big as saucers glued to my plate, mouth hung open in astonishment. Her father had fixed her waffle the plain old-fashioned boring way...just syrup. After probably a good 2 minutes of looking back and forth between my plate and my mouth, I hear a little voice. "Mommy? Whatcha doin'? " She knows a good thing when she sees it. Mom had to say good-bye to her beautiful waffle.

1 comments:

emily said...

I LOVE her. I LOVE her. She knows goodness when she sees it!