Friday, March 27, 2009

My 5 Minutes Of Fame With Herky.,

Yesterday, I'm in the school office making copies for Noah's teacher and in comes Herky. I continue on with my copies and try not to make too much eye contact. You just never know what he's going to do and I'm just...uncomfortable...with things like that. So, I finish up and right when I'm leaving the office he heads for the lunchroom and we met in a jumble trying to go through the door. His head is really big, you know. So we both back out and he motions for me to go through, so I go...and he goes. We both back up...he motions for me to go....I go...he goes. The oldest trick in the book of school mascots. I kid you not, we did this 15 times. I find it hilarious, of course, as well as all the secretaries and the little sick kid that's waiting for his mom to come and get him. With a pat on my head he sends me off and heads off to his doom of 200+ kids all wanting his autograph. I don't know how he does it. When I was telling Joe this story, he gets this far-off look on his face and said, "I TOTALLY should have been Herky back in college." Yeah, he would have aced that job.

2 comments:

emily said...

oh my word. hilarious! I can picture it all! that's amazing. I can totally see Joe as Herky.

Connie said...

Gosh, Laura, I'm glad that happened to you and not me, I would have wet my pants laughing.
Aw, yes, Joe as Herky - what should have been . . . .