Monday, November 3, 2008

I Couldn't Make This Stuff Up If I Tried.

If you are easily offended or have a phobia for body hair, you'll want to go ahead and skip this post....

Halloween day, the temperature turned out to be at least 70 degrees. I managed to mistakenly put Noah in jeans and a long sleeved T-shirt. In the afternoon, they had PE which they spent playing soccer, then they came in immediately and put on their costumes OVER their clothes and stuffed the room with kids in costumes and about a dozen and a half parents. AND they had their heat programmed to kick on every 5 minutes. Needless to say, as soon as Noah got home from school he began shedding his costume and clothes, down to his undies. He stayed like that a while to get cooled off and I noticed when he lifted his arms that his black t-shirt had left a bunch of fuzz in his armpits and in the crooks of his elbows. I laughed and told Noah to go look in the mirror and look under his arm. He was gone a few seconds then I heard, "YES!!! WOO-HOO!" I came into the bathroom and he was doing a fist pump. He looked at me and said, "Finally! I finally got some armpit hair!!!"
This tells me three things about Noah.
1. He regularly checks for incoming armpit hair.
2. He's really excited about getting armpit hair.
3. He wasn't shocked that his "armpit hair" was black, despite his blond hair.
He honestly makes every day of mine an adventure.

4 comments:

emily said...

This is classic. CLASSIC! Wow. I love it.

kristin said...

he is SUCH a crack up!!! what a treat to run into you today!!!!! I'm all over BEth Moore this spring with ya, chickety. love ya.

Jen said...

okay. so, i know we don't know each other. and i'm about to risk sounding like a crazy stalker. but it's a risk i'm willing to take and hopefully emily will be able to attest to the fact that i'm not.

i just wanted to tell you that i read your blog nearly every day and it never ceases to make my heart smile. i'm pretty much in love with your children. :)

Jen said...

anyone who can't appreciate a good armpit hair story is just a few fries short of a happy meal.

and i'm glad you don't think i'm crazy. that might change when i hide out in emily's trunk next time she makes a road trip to iowa. seriously, being at one of your family gatherings is on my top 10 things to do before i die list. :-P