Monday, November 26, 2007

Yesss!

I got a very special delivery today. I'm WAY more excited than the kids, because, you know, I did "buy this for the kids..." Yeah, right. So, we sat down and watched it this evening. Needless, to say, the excitement wasn't exactly felt throughout the fam. Lily liked the music and tuned in when they were sliding down the slide. Noah just said, "Mo-om, you can see their strings.." I got an eyeroll from Jackson. He quickly went back to his book. Kids just don't appreciate 'muppetry' these days. They didn't even bat an eye when "Chuck" from The River Bottom Nightmare Band made his terrifying appearance. I remember having nightmares from that guy!! Oh, well, I thought it was very entertaining. I think I need to dig out my John Denver Muppets Christmas CD out of storage.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

A classic indeed! "Ain't no hole in the washtub."

Anonymous said...

My FAVORITE holiday movie! I always loved the slide part, too! My sister bought me the VHS tape of this 4 years ago. Does the DVD have extras?

Anonymous said...

I have never laid eyes on this! Where have I been living?? Under a rock...clearly! I love the muppetts and when you used the word "muppetry" I died laughing!! You made that up on the spot...that was sweet!

emily said...

We need to break this out when I come back!!! It's so great!!! I may cry!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

If those jaded McC boys are not appreciative of the wonder that is this movie, then you just bring it on over to our house, where it can gain the true accolades that it deserves.

Anonymous said...

Sheila- the DVD actually has a sing-a-long...I think I'll make Joe participate with that one!
Gret- CLEARLY, you were under a rock! First the Jello...now this.

Anonymous said...

Jill- this is all a ploy to get your grimy paws on my DVD. Go get your own! If you're nice, I MIGHT let you borrow it. But, you have to say 'please'.