Friday, January 2, 2009

Big News!

So, my goal for this new year is to get my art shop open online through Etsy.com. It is a very cool website where you can sell your artwork all over the world. I've bought a few things for myself, like a cool print from an artist in Australia. Next time you're at my house, ask me, and I'll show you! I'm a little scared of the outcome. I'm not sure what the worst case scenario is, but I'm scared of what that might be! Maybe nobody will buy anything? Maybe someone will post a note saying my art is the most 'butt-ugly' thing they've ever seen? OK. Maybe I'm overreacting. It's a self-confidence thing...or lack thereof! I DO feel like God is calling me to do this, so I better listen and just go with it. I think my sister is working on opening up her online shop as well, so maybe we can drag each other through the process. Things aren't so scary when you've got a friend to go with you! I'll keep you updated and let everyone know when it's official. If you think of it, say a little prayer for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah for you! you never know what will be until you try...just think of your stuff being flown all over the world!! so cool. don't think about it, just do it! Carrie

kristin said...

oh...I think it's soooo exciting!!!! Go you!! And you've got skills, woman, mad skills!!! I'm excited for you! don't forget that you know me when you make it big time ;)

Jen Essington said...

You should totally just dive in and do it! What's the worst that could happen...but you would probably regret not trying, right?