Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oh. My. Word. Last night was a long night. It began with Lily getting sick all over the bathroom floor right before bedtime. HUGE mess. She NEVER gets sick like that, so she was pretty freaked out. Her head was hurting really bad as well and it was a little scary. We got her to sleep soon afterwards. 2 a.m. came quickly with really bad thunderstorms. Lots of lightening and thunder which is something that terrifies her. She was crying, so I decided to take my pillow and blanket and camp out on her floor. I partly wanted to get a feel for how she was feeling, too. So, I finally got her settled down and closed my eyes and the following conversation occured...

Lily: Soooooo.......let's talk, Mom. (This is her big thing lately. Which I love....just not at 2 a.m.)

Me: I think we should go to sleep.

silence.....

Lily: What was your favorite thing thing that happenend today? Mine was buying school surprise. (translation= school supplies.)

Me: (pretending to be asleep).

Lily: When I throwed up, I felt like a dragon spitting fire.

Me: (snoring, trying to get the idea across that I'm sleeping.)

Lily: (giggle, giggle, giggle). Do you know what I'm thinking about, Mom?

(more snoring.)

I'm thinking about how silly I would look with a moustache!

I don't know if she was just happy to be feeling better or if she had a fever, but it was a LOOOONG night. Luckily, we all slept in this morning.

3 comments:

Shadley said...

Oh. My. Word.

Hilarious. Just not at 2am.

emily said...

Oh my heart. I love those conversations at bedtime!

Rachel Bardwell said...

She has to be the most precious girl on the planet.

PS: Don't tell my nieces I just said that.