Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 4 (The Royal Gorge.)



Did you know there are huge amounts of hummingbirds at the bottom of the Gorge? They swooped at me.
Much needed ice cream...it was HOT.


I had forgotten how much it swayed and moved. Especially when a car drives past you. I actually had a WWIJD moment (What would Indiana Jones Do?).



Really?!?
This was the very steep tram we took to the bottom. This is Lily's life altering "Rocky, the pony" moment. She now wants her very own pony, has dreams about ponies, etc. If you ask her about her vacation, this is what she will tell you about. Rocky is giving us a major stink-eye in this pic. Here is a picture of the nauseating crack between the floorboards.Here is a shout out to Aunt Emily...Here is a shout out to all our Iowa Hawkeyes! ...and here is a very unsportsman-like shout out from a very annoying brother....you traitors!Lets end on a good note. Ahhh...beautiful!















4 comments:

Jen said...

Ummmm...that crazy pony almost made me pee my pants.

Rachel Bardwell said...

When I was 6, my family drove across this bridge. I can still remember my 3 year old sister singing "London Bridges Falling Down" over and over, and my apparently nervous father telling her to shut up. . .

Jeannie said...

Kansans rule.. Iowans drool.

laura b. said...

I remember all those hummingbirds and I haven't been there since elementary school.